Facebook pulled over 1.5 million videos of New Zealand shooting (page 2)

In the first 24 hours after the deadly mass shooting in New Zealand, Facebook says that it has removed 1.5 million videos that were uploaded of the attack, and has blocked 1.2 million “at upload.” The company made the announcement in a Tweet, following up on a prior announcement that it had been alerted by authorities and removed the alleged shooter’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Facebook spokeswoman Mia Garlick says that the company is also “removing all edited versions of the video that do not show graphic content.” In the first 24 hours we removed 1.5 million videos of the attack globally, of which over 1.2 million were blocked at upload...— Facebook Newsroom (@fbnewsroom) March 17, 2019 We’ve reached out to Facebook for... Continue reading…

Facebook pulled over 1.5 million videos of New Zealand shooting

Internet giants have been racing to pull copies of the New Zealand mass shooter's video from their sites, and Facebook is illustrating just how difficult that task has been. Facebook ...

Sun 17 Mar 19 from Engadget

Facebook has removed 1.5M videos of New Zealand mosque massacre - CNET

Most blocked before reaching the web, Facebook says.

Sun 17 Mar 19 from CNET

Facebook failed to block 20% of uploaded New Zealand shooter videos

Facebook said it removed 1.5 million videos from its site within the first 24 hours after a shooter livestreamed his attack on two New Zealand mosques, killing 50 people. In a series of tweets, ...

Sun 17 Mar 19 from TechCrunch

Facebook says that it removed 1.5 million videos of the New Zealand mass shooting

In the first 24 hours after the deadly mass shooting in New Zealand, Facebook says that it has removed 1.5 million videos that were uploaded of the attack, and has blocked 1.2 million ...

Sun 17 Mar 19 from The Verge

UK's Corbyn says social media platforms must act after New Zealand attack

Social media platforms must be able to react more quickly and stop the broadcast of live events, the leader of Britain's opposition Labour Party said on Sunday, after a gunman in New Zealand ...

Sun 17 Mar 19 from Reuters Technology

Facebook says it removed 1.5 million videos of the New Zealand mosque attack

Facebook Inc said it removed 1.5 million videos globally of the New Zealand mosque attack in the first 24 hours after the attack.

Sun 17 Mar 19 from Reuters Technology

The response to the deadly mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand

Limiting the spread of an attack designed to go viral Continue reading…

Sat 16 Mar 19 from The Verge

Christchurch shootings: Sajid Javid warns tech giants over footage

The home secretary says firms "must do more" after the New Zealand attack was shown live on Facebook.

Sat 16 Mar 19 from BBC Technology

  • Pages: 1 2

Bookmark

Bookmark and Share